The Central Algoma Legion Track & Field Team sent 72 athletes to the District 'H' meet in North Bay in June.
Central Algoma Legion returned with 88 medals including 21 gold, 40 silver and 27 bronze.
The Legion will be sending 10 athletes to the Provincial Championships in Ottawa in July including Colton King, Justin Roberts, Shaylene Kern, Kaisha King, Josh Smith, Ben MacFarlane, Cody Grant, Rob Gallinger and Andrew MacLean.
Gold Medal winners are:
* In the Open Category, Corey Myers (High Jump) and Pat Giunti (Triple Jump).
* 17 years and Under - Colton King (Triple Jump, 400M Hurdles), Justin Roberts (Javelin), Emily Golec (3000m)
* 15 and Under - Josh Smith (100m Hurdles), Ben MacFarlane (300m Hurdles) and Andrew McLean (Javelin), Shaylene Kern (Javelin), Kaisha King (High Jump)
* 13 and Under - Davis Boyer( 400m, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump), Luke MacDonald (100m, 200m)m Kaitlyn Trotter (High Jump)
* 11 and Under - Aksel Pollari(1500m), Lars Moffatt ( Triple Jump), Rosemary Rankin(High Jump)
The Central Algoma Legion is a joint venture between the Algoma District School Board (CASS) and the Legions located in Thessalon, Bruce Mines and St. Joseph Island.
Only students who attend Central Algoma Secondary School and their family of schools (Johnson, St. Joseph Island, Thessalon, Arthur Henderson, Laird & Echo Bay) may be participants on the team.
(Submitted by Duncan McKenzie)